Thursday, May 1, 2014

Manga!

I've drawn my fare share of what is considered manga style for many many years. (See "Heirloom" listed on the left side in volumes on my deviantart gallery: http://kuthinks.deviantart.com/gallery/ ) However, because I liked to move along at a quick pace, I called my drawings finished at the pencil stage. I enjoyed the later stages of comic making in this assignment. I started traditionally because that feels so right to me. Everything went smoothly until the half-tones (added in photoshop). They sure are tricky business! I quickly learned that they can destroy line work. I'm guessing it takes years of half-toning to become good at it.

These two pages are meant to be the start of something longer. The story and characters come strait from my thesis (a fantasy video game concept).






No comments:

Post a Comment